YouTube Videos for Women Addicts
WOMEN, SEX, AND ADDITION: A SEARCH FOR LOVE AND POWER by Charlotte Kasl. For most women, sexually addictive and sexually codependent behavior are intertwined. Sexually codependent behavior reflects basic female conditioning in our society—we are taught that a woman's power is in her sexuality, yet her sexuality is often controlled by men. Thus, sex can easily become a basic form of barter: it is the price many women pay for love and the illusion of security. The addicted woman, seeking a sense of personal power and an escape from pain, may use sex and romance as a high or as a way to feel in control, just as an alcoholic uses alcohol. Either way, however, sex never'satisfies her longing for love and self-worth.
To order from Amazon, click here.
1. A woman tells her story. Click Here
2. A woman tells her story. Click Here
3. Pure Intimacy: Help for the Female Sex Addict, Focus on the Family Click Here
4. How are Female Sex Addicts Different from Males? Click Here
5. Sex Addiction & Intimacy Disorder by Dr. Robert Weiss Click Here
6. Psychology Today interviews a woman sex addict Click Here
7. Psychology Today's article, Unseen and Unnoticed: Women & Sex Addiction Click Here
8. Christianity Today's article Female Sex Addiction: Not an Oxymoron Click Here
9. Another story by a female sex addict Click Here
1. A stories of ladies lost in her sex addiction and how she overcame it. Click Here
2. Stories of sex addicts, including one woman. May be triggering for some. Click Here
3. What is love addiction by Alex Katehakis? Click Here
4. Testimonies of women addicts along with nariation by Marie Ferree Click Here
FOR WOMEN ADDICTS ONLY
Female sex addicts have an extra burden dealing
with the shame and guilt as well as the physical
dangers of acting out.
Statistics show about 25% of all sex addicts are women
and their expression of addiction can be much different
than that of men. For this reason, Huntington SAA trusted servants dream of a time when they can offer a Women's Only group but until then, women should know they are not only welcome at all Huntington SAA meetings but also safe. Inappropriate language, touching of any kind and other actions will not be tolerated by any group member. Attendees must never consider an SAA meeting as an acceptable place to meet partners for dating or sex.
If you are female and think you might be a sex addict, we recommend you call the number on the TOP of this page and talk with an addict with years of recovery. Ask questions, share experiences or find out more about local meetings.
SUPPORT JUST FOR THE LADIES:
Recommended Reading: No Stones: Women Redeemed from Sex Addiction
by Marnie Ferree. This is a MUST read for all the ladies.
To order from Amazon.com, click here
Phone Meetings: There are a host of phone meetings for addicts, both
mixed and for ladies only. To select the meeting best for you, check out
the list on the SAA website by clicking here.
On-Line Articles For & About Women Addicts